Your Rights After a Burn Injury
A burn is one of the most painful and devastating injuries that a person can experience. Receiving a burn injury can happen in many different scenarios. Some people receive a burn injury while on the job working with dangerous and ill-maintained equipment, while others might experience a chemical burn while handling a defective product. Regardless of how you were burned, if another party’s negligence caused your injury, it is advisable to speak with a skilled personal injury attorney to learn more about your rights.
Understanding Your Rights When You Have Suffered a Burn Injury
If you have been burned, the results can be both painful and dangerous to your health. While a burn, in itself is a serious injury, burns can also lead to an infection that often escalates the severity of the injury. If you are in this situation, you have rights, and it is important to understand what they are.
When you have been hurt by a burn and believe that another party is at fault for your injury, speaking with an experienced personal injury lawyer is a good place to start. If someone else is liable for your injury, it is your right to seek compensation. There are many different expenses that are associated with a critical injury like a burn, and your attorney can help determine your options for filing a lawsuit. Some of the common expenses that a burn victim might request compensation for include:
- Medical bills – A ride in an ambulance to the emergency room, an extended stay in the hospital, necessary surgeries, and ongoing patient care are all common expenses when it comes to dealing with a burn injury.
- Ongoing physical therapy – After the initial impact of the burn, you might need to go to ongoing therapy in order to continue down the road to recovery
- Lost wages – Time off work to heal can often result in lost wages.
- Emotional distress – It is common for those who have suffered from a serious burn to require counseling to recover from the emotional trauma of the injury.
- And more – there are many other factors that come into play with a serious injury, and your attorney can help to outline what these might be.
The bottom line is that a burn injury can be very expensive and often will lead to additional lost wages due to time off work while you are attempting to heal. It is your right to work with a lawyer to recover compensation from the at-fault party.
Are You Suffering From a Burn Injury? Call a Round Rock Personal Injury Lawyer Right Away
After suffering a serious burn injury, it can be challenging to figure out your legal options. Between dealing with calls from the insurance company, scheduling doctor’s appointments, and dealing with making up missed work, the entire experience can become very overwhelming.
The team at Elissa I. Henry Law Firm, PLLC, understands how difficult this situation can be, and we are committed to advocating for those who have suffered from a burn injury. We know the fear and stress that can be associated with such a painful injury and are dedicated to fighting for your rights to just compensation. To schedule a free initial consultation, call us today at (512) 766-4529.