Experienced Round Rock Personal Injury Lawyers Fighting For Your Rights in Texas
Personal injury is an umbrella term that refers to legal claims caused by an accident or event that leads to injury or loss. Negligence is a factor in many personal injury cases, and showing evidence to prove that a third party did not exercise proper care is one of the main duties of a Round Rock Personal Injury Lawyer. Most personal injury claims include a demand for reimbursement of damages as well as pain and suffering, which is the psychological and physical stress caused by the accident.
What to do after a Personal Injury:
- Seek Medical Evaluation– If you have been involved in an accident, even if you feel no pain, it’s always good practice to get a Medical Examination. This is the first step in the Personal injury Case process. All of your injuries, even if not serious, have to be on file in order to properly proceed with a PI case.
- Accident Information – Write down or record any details of the accident that might prove useful in a later court date. This includes any kind of conversation, pictures, or eye witness reports from people that saw the accident unfold.
- Filing date limit – Know what your limit is on how long you have to start a Personal Injury case. Here within the State of Texas, you have a total amount of two years to file. If you decide to take action after two years of the accident, it is most probable that your case will be dismissed.
- Track all Expenses – In order to get the right amount of compensation for you and your family, you might need to prove that the injuries did, in fact, cause financial troubles within your family. Keep track of all expenses, wages lost, medical bills, property damage and so on.
- Round Rock Personal Injury Lawyer – Get in contact with an experienced professional that can help you get the compensation you deserve. Whether you decide to chose Elissa I. Henry Law Firm PLLC, or not, make sure you have competent representation on your side with years of dedication and experience with the people of Round Rock. Our attorney can assist you and your case.
What Are the Most Common Types of Personal Injury Cases in Round Rock?
While there are many different types of personal injury cases, some are more common than others, including:
- Car Accidents – There are thousands of car accidents in the U.S. every year, and an estimated two million people are injured in these accidents. A recent study by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) found that car wrecks cost an estimated $871 billion a year in the U.S., which includes medical expenses, property damage, and increases in insurance premiums. Car accidents cause injuries such as whiplash, fractures, concussions and spinal damage.
- Medical Malpractice – When doctors and other health care providers violate the standard care expected of their profession, it could result in serious injuries and losses to a patient and a patient’s family. Common medical malpractice suits include misdiagnosis, injuries during childbirth, surgical errors, medication errors, and errors in the administration of anesthesia. In most malpractice cases, a plaintiff must prove that the defendant did not simply make a mistake, but was actually negligent or careless in the way they handled their duties.
- Premises Liability – This is a legal term that refers to a property owner’s duty to maintain a safe environment where visitors are safe from injury or harm. If you visit an office building, for example, and you suffer an injury or assault because the security was not adequate, you may be able to file a premises liability claim to hold the people in charge of building security accountable for what happened. Some factors in a premises liability suit are proving the defendant’s negligence and showing that your actions did not contribute to the accident.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcyclists are much more vulnerable than drivers of passenger vehicles. When they are involved in accidents, they tend to suffer more serious injuries because they lack the protection of an enclosed interior. Common causes of motorcycle accidents include drivers who make unsafe lane changes, do not keep a proper lookout, and follow too closely.
- Negligence – Negligence is a legal term that refers to the responsibility that people have to behave in a way that comports with an expected standard of conduct. The main aspects of a negligence lawsuit are establishing that the defendant had a duty to the plaintiff, proving that the defendant breached that duty, and proving that the breach caused the plaintiff’s injury or loss.
Personal injury claims are generally never simple enough that you can afford to go at it alone. There are challenges that only an experienced Round Rock Personal Injury Lawyer can help you overcome. Elissa I. Henry Law Firm, PLLC can provide you with the resources and legal advice to best handle your personal injury claim. Schedule a free consultation to see if we can help you.