Injuries as a Passenger in a Car Accident
When a car accident occurs, all involved parties can sustain a variety of injuries. Sometimes a driver will be injured worse than the passenger, and sometimes the passenger will sustain more severe injuries. Being a passenger in a car accident is generally not any safer than being a driver. Injuries received in a car accident have the potential to impact every area of your life; your employment, your finances, your personal life, and the list goes on. To help compensate for these injuries, you can file a personal injury claim.
Passengers have just as much of a right to compensation for their injuries as the driver of the vehicle does. If you were an injured passenger in a recent car accident, do not hesitate to reach out to a skilled Round Rock personal injury lawyer.
Types of Injuries Passengers Suffer
Injuries sustained in an auto accident depending on the kind of car, its safety features, and the severity of the accident, as well as many other factors. Here are some of the most common injuries that passengers in a car crash might receive:
- Head and brain injuries such as concussions or other traumatic brain injuries, internal bleeding, and skull fractures
- Neck and back injuries, for example, whiplash, herniated discs, spinal cord damage, sprains, or strains
- Burn injuries that may require skin grafts and cause scarring
- Soft tissue injuries such as the stretching or tearing of muscles, tendons, or ligaments that cause significant and long-lasting pain
- Spinal injuries which could result in a loss of movement or sensation in the lower extremities
- Broken bones which can be extremely painful may require surgery and can take many months to heal completely
Seeking Damages for Your Car Accident Injuries
Even minor injuries caused by an accident on the road can be quite painful and impact your life. Perhaps you are unable to lift your child, walk your dogs, enjoy your usual recreational activities, or even go to work. You may be suffering daily from pain and discomfort. Maybe the accident has left you with permanent disfigurement or even scarring.
As if all of this wasn’t stressful enough, you may have expensive medical bills that need to be paid. A personal injury attorney in Round Rock can help you seek compensation for all of these damages and more. The first step to receiving this compensation is to reach out for help.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer in Round Rock Can Help
If you are injured in a car accident as a passenger, there may be several ways for you to recover compensation. The best way to determine which ways will be the most successful for you is to reach out to an experienced personal injury attorney in Round Rock. Our legal team can determine accident liability, locate available insurance benefits, and ensure you are treated fairly after a car accident.