Common Injuries on Vacation
Vacations are meant to be stress-free and relaxing, yet when an injury occurs while you are enjoying your time away, they can become quite the opposite. It is imperative that you take every precaution possible to avoid accidents and injuries while on vacation, but unfortunately, you cannot control the careless behavior of those around you.
Many accidents that occur on vacation are at least in part the result of the negligence of another person or party. If you believe your vacation injury was caused in this matter, do not waste time reaching out to a knowledgeable Round Rock personal injury attorney.
Frequent Vacation Injuries
Accidents and injuries can happen at any time. Your vacation time does not make you immune to suffering an injury. Although vacations are an optimal time to try new experiences such as surfing or snowboarding, it is crucial to remember that safety should always be the priority.
A personal injury attorney in Round Rock is available to help with a variety of injuries that can occur while you are on vacation. Some of the more frequent injuries experienced by vacationers include:
- Bicycle injuries which can be reduced or avoided with the use of a helmet and other protective gear
- Swimming injuries
- Water sports injuries such as boating accidents
- ATV injuries with the state of Texas being second to only California for deaths from ATV accidents
- Amusement park, carnival, and state fair injuries
Accidents from everyday or common activities can also occur while you are on vacation. The risk of traffic accidents increases during vacations as well due to vacationers driving unfamiliar rental cars and traffic patterns. In fact, the United States Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has issued specific tips to help travelers avoid car accidents.
Being in a hurry while traveling and in unfamiliar surroundings can increase the risk of slip and fall accidents. When travelers do not wear appropriate and stable footwear, this risk increases.
What to do After a Vacation Injury
What you do or do not do after an injury while traveling can impact your life and finances for a long time to come. If you or a family member suffers an injury while on vacation, it is essential that you take the following steps to help ensure your rights and your well-being:
- Report the accident to the manager of the store or hotel or law enforcement, if appropriate
- Document the scene by taking pictures with your smartphone
- Seek medical attention even if you are feeling okay after your injury
- Gather information from witnesses or other involved parties
- Report the incident to your insurance provider
- Talk to a Round Rock personal injury attorney
How a Personal Injury Lawyer in Round Rock Could Help after a Vacation Injury
If you or someone you love is injured while on vacation and you suspect the injuries were caused by someone’s negligence, you should call a Round Rock personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after your accident. You cannot reclaim the vacation fun you’ll miss, but an attorney can help you explore your rights to pursue a legal claim to pay for hospital bills and other costs related to your vacation injury.
Schedule your consultation today by contacting the Elissa I. Henry Law Firm, PLLC at (512) 766-4529 or complete our online contact form.