Choosing The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Your Case
Making the decision to file a personal injury claim is less intimidating than finding the right personal injury lawyer. There are several factors to consider before choosing an attorney, including experience, communication, location, and specialty. You could pour through the websites of several dozen lawyers before settling on the perfect choice.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the wrongdoing or negligence of another individual, contact our experienced Texas injury attorney, Elissa I. Henry. Our firm is passionate about helping business owners, clients facing family immigration issues, and those seeking compensation for injuries.
What is Personal Injury?
According to Wikipedia, “Personal injury is a legal term for an injury to the body, mind, or emotions, as opposed to an injury to property…the term is most commonly used to refer to a type of tort lawsuit in which the person bringing the suit has suffered harm to his or her body or mind.”
These lawsuits are filed against the individual or entity responsible for the harm, most often caused by negligence, recklessness, or intentional misconduct. Damages awarded in a personal injury lawsuit may include medical bills, compensation for pain and suffering, and compensation for a diminished quality of life.
What is The Role of a Personal Injury Lawyer?
A personal injury lawyer will expend every effort necessary to ensure the fair outcome of your case. You may not hear from your attorney on a regular basis – but that doesn’t mean nothing is being done. Often, the hard work happens behind the curtain.
There are many factors that affect the time it takes to obtain a settlement, most of which your lawyer will oversee, including:
- Obtaining witness statements, photographs, and official reports.
- Ensuring you have been released by your doctor and recovered from your injuries.
- Pooling together your reports, records, bills, and other items needed to document damages.
- Soliciting an offer from the involved insurance company.
- The official filing of a lawsuit.
It’s important to choose a personal injury lawyer that meets the needs of your case. For example, an attorney that specializes in automobile accidents isn’t necessarily a good fit when you plan to file a slip-and-fall claim. Some attorneys are experienced in multiple fields, working in teams to provide a number of services.
What You Need To Do
As the plaintiff, there are certain elements of the case you need to handle, including:
- Avoiding the discussion of your case with anyone other than your lawyers or doctors.
- Obtaining and handling your own rental car if your vehicle was destroyed in an accident.
- Ensuring proper health care, taking the time you need to rest and restore your energy.
- Refusing to sign any document without discussing it with your lawyer.
Contact an Experienced Texas Injury Attorney For Assistance
If you or a loved one has suffered due to negligence or wrongdoing, contact the Elissa I. Henry Law Firm by calling (512)-766-4529. Our Texas injury attorney team will inform, protect, and support your rights throughout the process, fighting for fair and just compensation.